ABOUT US


Our Story


Italia Gardens, the first Italian restaurant in the city of Flint, Michigan, was established in 1931 during the depression, by Albert and Josephine Barone. It was located at 2206 North Saginaw Street. The restaurant slowly built up trade as families and nearby Buick office workers came to dine on heaps of spaghetti and meatballs. Barone retired in 1964.

 

We invite friends, family and even perfect strangers to gather together and enjoy a delicious locally sourced meal with us!